Created by Markus “Notch” Persson, Minecraft is a type of sandbox video game developed by Mojang Studios and was officially released in the year 2011. Since it’s release, the game has been super hit and has sold around 200 million copies across all platforms. With 126 million monthly active users, the game is considered to be the best-selling game of all time.
In the last decade, Minecraft has been more resilient than any other game franchise and have attempted to evolve and stay relevant with time. Although the game began as a comparatively small indie offering, Minecraft has grown into a significant force in the industry by constantly dominating the sales charts.
How to update for the latest version of Minecraft?
On all platforms, Minecraft updates automatically and should not require any effort from the user. If it doesn’t happen automatically dur to some reason, the following steps should be followed:
- Minecraft: java Edition (PC/Mac)1.By opening the Minecraft launcher, one can update the Minecraft.
- The launcher should automatically bring up the latest release or the update for the game.
- If not, then press the arrow to the right of the PlayStation.
- Choose ‘Latest Release’ and the update should start.
1. On your device open App Store or Goggle Play.
- Search for Minecraft in the app store.
3. If the phone already has Minecraft installed, a notification should prompt to update Minecraft if it has not been updated.
4. If the phone already has the latest version installed, one just needs to press ‘Open’ and start playing
- XBOX One
1.Go to ‘My Apps & Games’ Section.
2. Select the Minecraft app and press the more options button.
3. Then click on Manage game & add-ons and then Updates.
4. If the game has not been updated then the new updates should be available here.
5. If there are no updates available, then the game is fully updated.
- PlayStation 4
1.Minecraft usually gets updated automatically in PS4
2. If the settings in PS4 has been set not to update the apps automatically, select the game using the options button and choose the ‘check for update’ option from the pop-up menu.
- Nintendo Switch
1.Here one just needs to start the Minecraft game for the update.
2. As the app starts, a notification pops-up which helps to update the game.
3. After pressing the ‘proceed’ button in the window, the user gets redirected to another site from where they can download the Minecraft download. One can also directly visit the e- shop in order to update Minecraft